Metallix Floor is a seamless & decorative metallic poured flooring system that utilizes 100% solids technology to create an attractive alternative to stained and polished concrete.
The system incorporates a slurry mixture of graded aggregates and fluid applied resins to build a monolithic, durable, and chemical resistant seamless floor.
The stained and/or polished concrete look that many customers want is now available regardless of the concrete quality. Concrete patching, trenching, or separate pours are no longer concerns when evaluating whether a concrete slab is a candidate for the polished or stained “look.” Metallix Floor is an overlay topping and will remedy concrete inconsistencies while still offering the natural beauty of polished concrete.
The Benefits of the Metallix Floor Line
When it comes to poured metallic flooring, Metallix is one of a kind. Some of the benefits of the line include that it:
- Remedies concrete inconsistencies while still offering a natural, polished concrete look
- Eliminates wear patterns, concrete dusting and other common problems with polished or stained concrete
- Uses 100% solids technology to create an attractive alternative to stained and polished concrete.
The Metallix floor line is also a chemical-resistant flooring system that can handle abusive environments. Anti-fracture and waterproof membrane options offer additional protection for your flooring.
Metallix decorative metallic poured flooring is highly sanitary. Because it’s a seamless system, there are no grout lines or crevices where microbial growth or mold can occur. The flooring is also stain- and slip-resistant, with different grades of slip resistance available. Metallix flooring is low odor because it is VOC-compliant, and it’s also USDA-approved. You can even count on the Metallix Floor Line to be very low-maintenance, which makes for easy cleaning and overall upkeep.
Because of all these benefits, Metallix is a popular choice for numerous spaces, including:
- High-visibility areas
- Lobby areas
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
Our Metallix flooring system comes in 16 different color varieties, including Blueberry, Toffee, Sea Foam, Merlot, Latte and more for an attractive look. As for installation, Durex Coverings’ highly trained installers will get the job done quickly and efficiently.
About Durex Coverings
At Durex Coverings, we employ highly trained field foremen and project managers who have the experience and expertise to determine the best flooring solution for your environment. They’ve dealt with flooring projects of all types and know the ins and outs of the products and solutions you need.
Durex has been in business for more than 50 years, and our commitment to innovative solutions and products has made us a leader in the flooring and wall systems industry. Our complete services also include:
- Design: Our design team will develop plans specific to your project.
- Self-leveling underlayments: Typically used for institutional and commercial renovation, pre-cast plank construction and school construction, self leveling underlayments provide a smooth surface for drywall tracking, which results in a better job overall.
- Surface preparation: Our surface preparation methods will be specific to the needs of your space and the system we’re installing. Methods include scarifying, acid etching, diamond grinding, shot blasting and disc grinding/sanding.
- Restore and recondition: Services can include polishing, cleaning, refinishing, overlaying or resealing your existing system.
- Exterior solutions: We’re a leading provider in elastomeric and cementitious exterior solutions, and our product lines range from basic coatings to decorative stenciling and more.
- Promenade and vehicular deck coatings: Get elastomeric membrane systems that will protect your decking substrate from traffic and wear and also waterproof it.
For more information about our products and services, complete our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. To speak with someone directly, you can call one of our office locations.